By Kalle Sanner
Lukas/Markus is the result of a photographic project spanning over a decade. Located in the Western Cemetery in Gothenburg, architect Sven Brolid's two mirrored chapels Saint Lukas and Saint Markus were designed and built in the 1960:s, the era when Swedish functionalism was at its very peak. A stark silhouette in the otherwise sparsely built-up cemetery, the building does little to blend in with its surroundings. However, there is harmony to be found in the fine tuned correspondence between the materials and in the considered, geometrical features giving the building its characteristic appearance.
During a walk through the cemetery, Kalle Sanner discovered the building and immediately felt a connection to it, prompting him to start exploring the site. As time went by, Sanner continued to return to the building with his large format camera and the project grew along with Sanner's interest in the building and its architect.
- Volume: 82 pages
- Format: 200 x 223 mm
- Printing: 4+4 Hybrid Print Technology Offset
- Binding: Clothbound hardcover
- Languages: Swedish / English
- Design: Lundgren+Lindqvist
- Edition: 300
- Published: 2018
- ISBN: 978-91-983957-1-6
- Artist website
- This book is available as a special edition of 30 copies, divided into three sets of 10, including a signed copy of the book housed in a handmade clamshell box with one of three c-prints, signed and numbered by the photographer.
Price €150. Please email email@example.com for requests.